- A college student visiting NYC for the holiday weekend had his foot blown off when he stepped on a "shock-sensitive" homemade firework in Central Park.
- A 35-year-old cyclist was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver in Williamsburg, and cops believe the driver intentionally hit him.
- MoMA PS1 debuted German artist Katharina Grosse's large-scale "Rockaway!" installation in Fort Tilden.
- Donald Trump celebrated the holiday weekend by retweeting anti-Semitic Hillary Clinton memes made by white supremacists.
- Hillary Clinton celebrated the holiday weekend by talking to the FBI and posing for photos at Hamilton.
- Some Random New Yorker celebrated the holiday weekend by leaving a whole lot of dead crabs on an empty train. What can we say, it's horseshoe crab spawning season!
- The You Are Here Festival brought a life-size string maze to Queens, filled with dancers, DJs, and musicians.
- Behind the scaffolding, the doors of the 140-year-old art school Art Students League are still open, with a legacy of artist including Mark Rothko, Hans Hoffman and Ai Weiwei.
- And finally, it wouldn't be July 4th without Nathan's 4th Of July Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island—and this year, records were broken.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all