A 14-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man were shot and injured while skating at the ice skating rink in Bryant Park. Both were taken to Bellevue Hospital and are expected to survive, but the teen victim's brother says "he has no feelings from the waist down."

The shooting occurred around 11 p.m. Police are continuing to investigate and do not have a motive for the violence yet. However, the Daily News reports, "Police sources say detectives are investigating the possibility that the shooting may have been over a coat. Witnesses told investigators that they heard the shooter demand the 20-year-old skater’s before opening fire, a source confirmed."

An eyewitness told the Post, "He took out the gun and held it up and squinted like he was aiming. He shot three times and ran." The Post adds, "The gunman, described as in his 20s, and wearing dreadlocks and a green and black North Face jacket, immediately fled the scene with his pals, and was being sought."

Another witness told the Times, "He took out a gun and was scanning for him with his eyes, and then he shot him three times and ran. People around me fell to the ice. I fell down, too. Then I got up and ran to the railing like everyone else."

Others confirmed the chaos: One told 1010 WINS, "People were pushing each other. Somebody kicked somebody to get out the way," while another said, "It was a big stampede. Everyone ran out. No one knew what was going on. It was chaos."

Raghuram Krishnamachar had been dining at Celsius, which overlooks the rink, and saw the aftermath unfold. He described to NBC New York all all the restaurants patrons were "told to lie on the floor and eventually were ushered to a back room." He said, "We didn't know anything. The shooter could've been a lunatic with a machine gun."

The teen victim, Adonis Mera, had posted on Facebook, "Bryant dead ass packed!" It's believed he may have just been an innocent bystander. His brother Jorge Arias said, "They said he has no feelings from the waist down. He was just there to go skating with friends."

Update: Bryant Park just posted on Facebook:

The park is now open. Come join us at the Winter Village.

As you may have heard, there was a senseless act of violence last night that left two wounded. Our hearts go out to the wounded and their families, and to those who were at the park during that time.

We are cooperating fully with authorities, who agree that it is safe to reopen. Please come by the park today and show that one person's behavior can't put a damper on the Winter Village!

Update 2

: A 16-year-old boy is in custody in connection with the shooting.