[UPDATE BELOW] Three days after the horrific mass shooting that claimed the lives of 20 children and six adults at a Newtown, CT elementary school, officials are debating about the fate of the tragic scene. And this comes as public schools in two Connecticut towns—Ridgefield and Redding—are currently under lockdown due to a suspicious person at the Branchville train station: According to NBC Connecticut, "Lt. Paul Vance said someone may in fact be armed and that police have been deployed."

For the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School, where suspected shooter Adam Lanza breached the front door and then unleashed a torrent of bullets at school staff and children, they will resume their studies at a neighboring town, Monroe. It's unclear when they will return (in a few weeks, perhaps), but other schools in the Newtown school district are planning to reopen tomorrow. Superintendent Janet Robinson said, "Schools will not open Monday, because my staff wanted a little more time. On Monday, the staff will come in. We have received so much assistance, it's been wonderful. There will be training for our counselors as well as sessions with our staff about how to help kids get through this awful event."

Connecticut State Education Commissioner Stefan Pryor said that it's uncertain if Sandy Hook Elementary will reopen, "That’s a decision the district will need to make and I know that the subject has arisen and it’s been discussed and debated already, but I’m sure they have not made a decision."

In other Connecticut towns, the Courant reports, "Children returning to classes... Monday will see uniformed police officers in and around their schools as officials grapple with how to handle concerned parents and anxious students following the massacre Friday... School administrators over the weekend posted on school district websites instructional videos and psychologists' tips on how to talk to their children about violence in anticipation of what's expected to be a tough day for many schools and their students."

Update 11:50 a.m.: The lockdown has been lifted, and it appears the report of a man with a rifle was false. "The police have given the all clear," school Superintendent Deborah Low wrote in an email that was sent to parents at 11:15 a.m. "After an extensive police search, no dangerous activity was discovered." No suspect has been taken into custody.