Six months after Karina Vetrano was killed in a brutal attack while jogging in her Queens neighborhood, police are having a press conference later this morning to provide an update into the investigation. It's been reported that there is a person of interest in custody. UPDATE: Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce announced that 20-year-old Chanel Lewis is in custody:

Boyce, who thanked Queens D.A. Richard Brown and others investigating the murder, said, "This is a very good day for justice in New York City."

He also said that Vetrano helped, too:

The Daily News reported earlier, "Detectives were grilling the suspect — a Brooklyn man who was linked to the victim through DNA recovered from her body — at the 106th Precinct stationhouse in Howard Beach after nabbing him Saturday afternoon, sources said."

Thirty-year-old Vetrano, an avid runner, had left her house at 5 p.m. on August 2nd to jog in her Howard Beach neighborhood. Her father, Philip Vetrano, usually joined her during these runs, but stayed home due to an injury. He became worried when he couldn't reach her by 7 p.m., and called a neighbor in the police department. Vetrano soon joined the NYPD on a search that tracked her cellphone to Spring Creek Park, where he

found his daughter's body in a tall, weeded area.

Her teeth were broken and police found signs of sexual abuse. NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said that she "put up a ferocious fight right until the end," also noting, "She also had bruising on her body, we believe from being dragged through those woods" and that she had weeds in her hands: "She was grabbing onto anything she could at that point."

Neighbors say that the park, which is overgrown with weeds, attracts vagrants. Police collected DNA from Vetrano and her belongings, and her family and Queens D.A. Richard Brown had been lobbying to use a controversial technique—familial searching, which would allow authorities to look for relatives in police databases that are similar to the DNA—to advance the stagnating case. A hearing for the procedure is being held this week.

According to the Post, "The suspect had been on police radar for a while, sources told The Post. Some time ago, an off-duty cop saw him acting suspiciously somewhere in Howard Beach, and called the local precinct. The suspect was questioned at that time but police found no valid reason to hold him and he was released without charges."

However, when investigators reportedly approached him again, the Post says, "They asked him for a DNA sample, which he gave voluntarily — thereby potentially sealing his own fate, sources said."