2007_07_firebx.jpgAround 4:30AM today, a fire broke out in a Bronx grocery store at 125 Fulton Avenue. There wouldn't be anything unusual about this, except that there were two workers left inside.

WABC 7 reports that neighbors "banged on the gate" of 1225 Fulton Meat Grocery when they saw the fire, but the gate was not open. Firefighters rescued the two men, one of whom was in cardiac arrest and another was in respiratory arrest, and took them to the hospital. It's possible that the men were sleeping at the store during the fire.

Last month, a fire at a Queens Met Food revealed that a number of construction workers had been locked inside.