Two brothers were fatally shot early Sunday morning in the parking lot of a gas station on Staten Island. According to the Staten Island Advance, the double homicide was preceded by a dispute at an after-hours nightclub on Hillside Avenue in Clifton. The two parties in the fight arranged to meet at a nearby gas station, at the corner of Targee Street and Vanderbilt Avenue, shortly before 3 a.m. Victim Terrell Ford, 27, accompanied one of the men, and the Advance reports that he became involved in the ensuing brawl.

Ford's brother Justin, 28, was just finishing his shift as a dispatcher at Lulu Car Service across the street, and he reportedly rushed to his brother's aid. From the Advance:

That made it three-on-one, but the man who the brothers were battling had a friend nearby, and that friend had a gun, sources said.

The friend opened fire, shooting Terrell twice in the abdomen and Justin once in the back, sources said. Both died of their wounds.

An NYPD spokesman confirmed this morning that no arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.

Lee Martin, a dispatcher who worked with Justin, tells the Advance, "He was on the right path. He was doing the right thing and staying out of trouble, and he got killed. I can't digest it. It's really (messing) my head up." One cousin tells the NY Times that the brothers were "dream chasers” and not violent: "When gun violence happens, they look at them and say, ‘Maybe they were hoodlums. They weren’t like that."

Ford, an aspiring rapper, went by the name SL Blicky, and had recently released a song about growing up on Staten Island, called “Ferry Boat.” Here's one of his music videos:

A third brother, Michael Ford, wrote on Facebook, "These streets took my brothers damn I don't know how to feel right now can't believe I'm saying this rip to my brothers Justin ford and Terrell ford I'm really sick right now."

The Ford murders were two of four fatal shootings in NYC over the weekend. 27-year-old Jennifer Ortiz, 27, was shot in the head while sitting in an SUV parked in Fordham Heights around 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. (Her husband is reportedly a suspect and remains at large.)

In Queens, Vickiram Ramlogan, 27, was fatally shot in the head and neck around 8:30 p.m. while sitting in a parked car on 120th Street in South Ozone Park. No arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.