We've been reminding you and reminding you but now it's actually go time: Tonight is the Official Campaign Finance Board Democratic Mayoral Debate—and you can watch the name calling begin at 7 p.m.!
Gothamist and our partners, NY1 News, NY1 Noticias, WNYC, Citizens Committee for New York City, Citizens Union, Hispanic Federation, and Transportation Alternatives, are sponsoring the debate. And given the aggressive attacks and spinning, be sure to watch out for these things unfold at Town Hall:
- Bill de Blasio and Christine Quinn, the two frontrunners, going after each other
- Anthony Weiner reminding everyone he didn't vote to extend term limits
- John Liu being extremely liberal
- Bill Thompson positioning himself as a strong contender
- Sal Albanese keeping everyone else on their toes
- Erick Salgado introducing himself to a bigger audience
WNYC has created a Debate Bingo card and the Campaign Finance Board has a scorecard (PDF) for you to gauge the candidates' performances. The primary is on September 10.
You will be able to watch/listen to the 90-minute debate in different ways: Via TV on NY1/NY1 Noticias; via radio on WNYC; and via online on Gothamist. Or head to one of the CFB's watch parties (see the column at far right). We'll also be live-chatting—stayed tuned.