Last night, after 8:30 p.m., a fire broke out in a seven-story walk-up apartment building on Crosby Street near Grand in Soho. The fire, which grew to three alarms, was put out after an hour and apparently started in an apartment on the top floor. Two tenants were treated for smoke inhalation while two firefighters suffered minor injuries.

NY1 spoke to the landlord, "What they told me was that they were out of the apartment for a few minutes, they thought it might be some sort of electrical fire, but why they would think that I don't know there's never been any electrical problems in their apartment."