So, about that wind. We've received numerous reports of incidents taking place throughout the boroughs—to name a few:
- Scaffolding is currently dangling from a building on lower Broadway (the NYPD and FDNY have closed it down at Houston)
- A large tree just fell on 21st Avenue in Brooklyn, causing structural damage
- On Park and 66th Street there are reports of a skylight that blew off a building
- Sukkahs are flying away! (pictured)
- A city-owned tree struck a house on 91st Avenue in Queens
- A tree just tore a hole in a roof on Beach 44th Street
- A wall, at the rear of a building on Legette Ave, collapsed onto cars in the Bronx
- A tree fell onto a car—apparently "destroying" it— at East 17th & Ave R in Brooklyn
- And the NYC DOT, MTA, and Port Authority crossing has been reduced to 30-35 MPH due to the high winds.
- As of 3:20 p.m. Con Ed is reporting 4,200 customers without power in Park Slope!
One reader tells us that she's in "lockdown of sorts at my office building at 584 Broadway in SoHo—bricks and other debris are falling from the roof of 580 Broadway and we were told to not leave the building"—and now emergency personnel have closed Broadway between Spring and Houston!
Run for cover, everyone, and send us your reports and photos if you spot anything.