102708gatorad.jpgWhat ever happened to itching powder in the jock strap? NY Mag is reporting that two sophomore J.V. football players became violently ill after drinking Gatorade spiked with copper sulfate, a chemical fungicide. One of the kids started coughing up blood and had to be taken to the hospital! Police arrested one suspect, a sophomore, and charged him with reckless endangerment. Happily, both of the sickened players recovered in time for the big homecoming game three days later. In September, a 13-year-old student at the Talented and Gifted School for Young Scholars was arrested after spiking his teacher's water with calcium hydroxide, sending her to the hospital. And in June, students at the Brooklyn School for Global Studies were arrested when their laxative-spiked cake sickened teachers. Isn't it high time for an After School Special on this? Oh, ABC stopped making After School Specials. Which explains a lot about today's poison-prone youth.