More from the AP about Crazy Charles McKinley who shipped himself in a cargo crate from NYC to Dallas:
- McKinley had no food or water for the 15 hour journey, just his cellphone.
- The crate measured 42 by 36 by 15 inches. McKinley is 5-foot-8 and weighs 170 pounds. McKinley indicated the crate was filled with clothes and a computer. The cost to ship - $550.
- Even his parents were shocked: "My husband asked him, `Man, what are you doing in this crate?' He said he was coming home," Mrs. McKinley told TV stations.
- Though he was shipped in the heated, pressurized holds, he could have been shipped in the unpressurized areas, where McKinley could have died.
- McKinley claimed he was homesick and wanted to save money. As a shipping clerk, he was able to enlist the help fo a co-worker.
- He was arrested and jailed for bad-check and traffic charges (from before this incident). He may be charged with stowing away on a plane.
- Apparently McKinley-in-the-crate passed through security twice; the TSA is very interested in understanding how that's possible.
- Dallas area D.A. Bill Hill says, "He violated the law of stupidity if nothing else."
- McKinley is from Brooklyn.
Our coverage from yesterday and the song the story reminds us of...minus the gore.