2006_04_manholetribeca.jpgWhile the weather might be getting mild, it seems like you might still need to watch where you walk, as a man was shocked by a manhole last night. The man had minor injuries and it seems a metal place at Broadway and White Street may be the culprit, though Con Ed did not find any stray voltage. However, a spokesman did tell the Daily News, "Could the current be there one moment and not the next? That's a possibility." Yikes! We suppose Con Ed has to say that, after a 9 year old was zapped in Harlem, and politicians got upset when Con Ed said there was no voltage. And there are metal plates all over the place!

Image from WNBC 4