Nothing is certain in this life except death, bogus credit check fees from real estate brokers, and the dangerously crumbling infrastructure of the elevated 7 train trackbed. On Wednesday in Woodside, Queens, a chunk of metal debris slightly larger than a brick fell onto Roosevelt Avenue from the 52nd Street-Lincoln Avenue station above.

Queens City Councilmember Jimmy Van Bramer provided some photos, above, of the projectile courtesy of a constituent. (Fortunately, the debris does not appear to have landed directly on any people.)

You may recall that back in February, there was a terrifying incident in which a wooden beam fell from the tracks at 65th and Roosevelt and pierced the windshield of a vehicle below. Remarkably, the driver was uninjured, but it was frightening enough to prompt Van Bramer to call on the MTA to “answer for our crumbling subway infrastructure before a tragedy occurs.”

The MTA's response was to install netting under some (but not all) 7 Train platforms.

After Wednesday's incident, Van Bramer called on the MTA to put more netting in.

“Someone’s gonna get hit,” Van Bramer told CBS. “I would just continue to appeal to [NYC Transit President] Andy Byford and the MTA to take this pilot and extend it. And extend it right away.”

According to NY1, netting has since been installed at the 52nd Street-Lincoln Avenue station, and that it has already stopped some additional debris from falling.

Debris has been falling (or nearly falling) from elevated subway tracks with alarming frequency. There was one incident in March, in which a metal bolt fell from the A line, and another in June, when a woman was nearly struck by debris along Roosevelt and 53rd Street.

"The object that fell [on Wednesday] reflects no structural risk but is obviously a serious matter," MTA spokesperson Shams Tarek told Gothamist in a statement. "This area was re-inspected today to ensure that there are no other loose pieces there. This has the full attention of President Byford who had already expedited the netting process by ordering a systemwide cost and priority analysis while the four-location pilot is underway. A comprehensive inspection in March found no issues."

This post has been updated with a comment and context from an MTA spokesperson.