Last night, a sniper was on the loose in Queens, injuring seven people during a four hour rampage. The victims were either in cars or walking on the street; here's a chronology from the Daily News:
- 7:19 p.m. at 59th Place and 56th Drive. Man shot in knee.
- 8:10 p.m. at 31-10 48th Ave. Car window is shattered, but male driver escapes injury.
- 9:40 p.m. at 114th St. and Liberty Ave. Man shot in leg.
- 10:26 p.m. at Park Lane South and 101st St. Car window is broken, but male driver is unhurt. Gunman gets into accident as he flees, and his green sedan suffers front-end damage.
- 11 p.m. on Whitestone Expressway at Third Ave. Man in red minivan is shot in the hand.
- 11:01 p.m. on Whitestone Expressway and 20th Ave. Two men in the same vehicle shot, one in arm, one in wrist.
- 11:02 p.m. at Bell Blvd. and 212th St. One man shot in neck and is in critical.
- 11:37 p.m. at Booth and 137th Sts. One man is shot at. He is not hit but is injured by flying glass.
The shooter was apprehended by the police at 2AM this morning, after NYPD helicopters and police from the five precincts where the shootings took place went on the hunt. The shooter was in a green Cadillac, and it's unclear what weapons he used (there was a 9mm shell casing), and the police boxed in his car at 2AM. All the victims are in stable condition and are expected to recover.