Photo by Jonathan Mena/BushwickBK

Right after the FDNY warns us about fires started by holiday decorations, a three alarm fire has destroyed a rowhouse in Brooklyn. The cause: Christmas decorations! Along with the building at 201 Menahan Street, two other rowhouses were damaged. The fire took place last Thursday at 6 p.m., according to BushwickBK, with neighbors claiming that an inflatable Santa Claus and a mechanical reindeer hanging on the door were to blame, they were allegedly put up a week prior, and connected with extension cords.

No one was hurt in the fire, but one woman told the site that she lost everything; "I am happy to be alive… The roof of the building is laying on my living room floor and the entire apartment is flooded." Maybe this is a good time to watch that video again. [via Curbed]