The Bronx man accused of shooting two police officers in a 12-hour span over the weekend told detectives he was “tired of police officers,” in a taped video confession inside the 41st Precinct following the attack, according to prosecutors at his arraignment Monday afternoon.

“I am [going] to shoot one of you when I get out,” Robert Williams, 45, later told police police officers guarding him in the hospital after his arrest, according to Assistant District Attorney Burim Namani.

Williams was arraigned on dozens of charges, including 13 counts of attempted murder in the first degree, 14 counts of attempted murder in the second degree, 14 counts of attempted assault charges and four counts of criminal weapons posession. He appeared in a grey hoodie and sweatpants, one eye swollen shut, and gauze fastened over one ear, injuries presumably inflicted by officers beating him inside the stationhouse as they took him into custody.

Criminal Court Judge Joseph McCormack remanded Williams without bail until a Friday court date.

In the crowd, some 150 uniformed police officers and union reps packed the court pews, to show support for the two police officers he allegedly shot. Both wounded officers have been released from the hospital and are expected to make full recoveries.

Williams, a resident of Soundview section of the Bronx, first approached two police officers in a van at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday evening in Longwood, according to prosecutors. He spoke to the two officers briefly before he allegedly started shooting, hitting Officer Paul Stroffelino in the chin and neck. He then “walked a block away and ordered Chinese food,” before he returned home, Namani told the judge.

The next morning, Namani described Williams arriving at the 41st Precinct Stationhouse and opening fire at 7:45 a.m., hitting officer Lieutenant Jose Gautreaux in the left arm. Namani said Williams surrendered to police “once the defendant was out of ammunition.”

Williams’s lawyer, Tom Klein with the Bronx Defenders, said they’re still working to piece together what happened leading up to the weekend’s attack.

"There is still much that we don't know about what happened and what led up to this incident,” Klein said. “We look forward to investigating and learning more so that we can best represent Mr. Williams.”

Williams spent the better part of the last three decades in and out of prison, first for a robbery in the early nineties. Then in 2003, he began an 18 year sentence for attempted murder, assault and weapons posession charges. Prosecutors say he fired shots at a victim and then exchanged gunfire with police as he tried to flee. He was released in December of 2017 after serving the maximum time allowed, according to the state department of corrections. He was on parole through 2023.

Since his release, Williams was arrested once, in November of 2018, after police found him dozing in a car on the side of the Cross Bronx Expressway. Officers said the air inside the car was “foggy and hazy” and had a chemical odor. He told officers he didn’t know how he got there and then allegedly got out of the car and climbed up onto the highway median. Prosecutors say police found PCP in the car, and Williams was charged with drug possession in the seventh degree, resisting arrest and driving while under the influence, court records show. He was released on his own recognizance and was supposed to appear before a judge in that case on Monday as well.

The 2018 arrest followed the death of Williams’s son, who was killed while playing with a friend’s gun, according to the New York Post.

After the arraignment, Pat Lynch, President of the New York City Police Benevolent Association, spoke before a crowd of police officers and reporters, and lauded the judge for remanding Williams, who he called a “mutt,” without bail.

“We’re grateful this judge knew how serious this is and remanded him to make sure he does not stand on the corners on our Bronx streets,” Lynch said, then pivoting to blame local elected officials, anti-police protesters and bail reform legislation for the violence.

“We do need criminal justice reform, we need to reverse the reforms that they put in place they’re not working,” Lynch said, to NYPD officers he added, “Your heads need to be on a swivel. You need to have each others’ backs...Because we’re on our own in many ways.”

But in an interview with Fox5 that aired on Tuesday morning, NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea clarified that New York’s recent bail reforms had no bearing on Williams’s attack.

"This particular incident is not tied to bail reform,” Shea said. “It's maybe a greater issue of that recidivism within the justice system and breaks. Hard to really predict this one. This is an individual who was paroled, arrested while he was out on parole, I believe violated one time out on the streets. This really highlights the greater issue we're facing and why we need to all work together, divided is not the answer."