More and more Americans are logging onto the Internet simply to pass the time, without any agenda other than to enjoy diverting videos or peruse fun listicles or read spectacularly obvious articles about their web browsing habits. According to a study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project, 58 percent of all adults said that they use the Internet to "kill time or have fun at least occasionally." And 75% of all adults surf the web for no reason whatsoever! The other 25% are logging on to productively and efficiently look at pornography.

"These findings are one of our main signs about how deeply Internet use has woven itself into the rhythms of people's lives," says report author Lee Rainie, who makes extra money on the side with studies which show the sky is blue and clowns are scary. "When they have some down time, more and more of them are finding the Internet a fun, diverting place to spend their leisure moments."

The study also determined that older Americans engage in more purposeful web browsing. Only 12 percent of people over 65 say they went online the previous day for no particular reason, and only 27 percent of Internet users between the ages of 50 to 64 said they went online for no reason. 100 percent of all senior users said they went online at least once a day to send sad confusing emails to their children and share links about Obama's Muslim death panels. Meanwhile, Americans in their 30s overwhelmingly use the Internet to recycle tired cliches about senior citizens' Internet habits.