WNBC is reporting a freak accident where a 42 year-old woman lit herself on fire and died in the Bronx:

Police say the victim was naked for some kind of religious ritual in which her body was covered with oil and alcohol.
According to police the woman then accidentally bumped into a candle, and lit herself on fire.
She apparently tripped while running through the apartment, smashing her head through a window before suffering a heart attack.

Yikes! Of course, the police can't call the religious ritual bizarre, but that sounds a little crazy. Gothamist will take this very seriously: Never ever mix alcohol and fire while naked during religious rituals.