Hundreds of people protested outside a NJ police station on Tuesday night, demanding answers after the death of Jameek Lowery on Monday. Lowery, 27, had visited the Paterson police station in an agitated state early Saturday morning, filming his encounter on Facebook Live and telling officers, "I’m just paranoid. I just need some water."

At some point after the video stopped, he was taken to St. Joseph's University Medical Center, where he was placed on life support until Monday morning, when he died. Now, the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.

NBC New York ran down the hours before Lowery went to the police station:

Lowery first called 911 at around 2:45 a.m. on Saturday, saying he had taken ecstasy and was paranoid, according to a preliminary investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office. EMS responded and took him to a local hospital, but Lowery became erratic there and left.

At around 3:40 a.m., Lowery again called 911, this time from a Wendy's restaurant near Broadway and Memorial Drive, saying people were trying to kill him, the prosecutor's office said. He walked into the Paterson Police headquarters nearby at 111 Broadway, appearing agitated.

While inside police headquarters, he called 911 yet again. Lowery live streamed to his Facebook page from inside the police station, shouting in an apparent fit of paranoia, "Please don't shoot me. This officer by the wall, I see you, they're trying to kill me. They right there!"

...He ranted, at times incoherently, "I see y'all trying to kill me. Why are you trying to kill me? What'd I do, officer? ... I said I need help, I need help, go to the hospital, somebody trying to kill me. Somebody help me."

"Somebody call my mom. The cops trying to kill me, they think I'm a witness, they think I'm f---ing with the FBI. That's what they think."

"Watch out, if I'm dead by the next hour or two, they did it," he shouted in the video. "I didn't touch them at all."

When the officers assured him an ambulance was on the way, he responded, "Yo, they're gonna kill me in the ambulance."

The video shows the police officers at a distance from Lowery, talking to him. The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office told that "police and fire records show Lowery was taken from police headquarters to the hospital in about five to 10 minutes." Prosecutors also said, "Per initial reports and information, police used physical force and compliance holds to secure Mr. Lowery in the ambulance. Hospital records indicate no acute trauma.”

Lowery's family says his face was "bloody and bruised" and his brother Jamir King told that he appeared to have suffered a broken cheekbone and eye socket after the recording, "His face wasn’t like that in the video."

The officers involved have been placed on administrative leave. The head of the officers' union said, "From everything I’ve seen so far, the officers acted professionally and got him the help that he was in need of by calling for the ambulance."

At Tuesday night's demonstration, one protester said police used mase against the group. Another protester asked NBC New York, "What did those cops do? What are they not telling us?"