The pregnant woman who was stabbed in the neck by an angry subway rider on Thursday night remains in the hospital. Shaday Tripp, 24, said that he was upset that her leg accidentally bumped into his and then attacked her. "I ran through the train doors and was holding my neck, and there was blood gushing out," she said.

Tripp, who is around four or five months pregnant, and her friend, Zakia Lewis, 21, were on a northbound train when they encountered Derrick Wilson. Tripp explained in a video from WABC 7, "We got on the train, and she sat down, and she said sit on my lap because the train was crowded and I didn't have anywhere else to sit. And then some guy, he was sitting next to us, and then when the train started moving, my leg bumped his leg."

She said she bumped him again, by accident, "He got angry and was like, 'Yo, you (expletive) touched me with your leg, I don't want to be touched.' After that, he started cursing, and then my best friend said, 'What is your problem?' And after she said that, he got up, he got angry, and then he pulled the knife out of his pocket and he just stabbed me in my neck. And then after he stabbed me, he stabbed my friend."

Lewis was stabbed in the left bicep, and Tripp told the Post that other subway riders helped them but "they thought that he was coming after them [too]. So they ran [the train] off with us. They helped me cover my neck. They put something on my neck and they told me to stay there until the ambulance came."

Wilson, who fled the train at the Prospect Avenue stop in the Bronx and allegedly dumped the knife on a nearby rooftop (the station is elevated), was caught by a group of good Samaritans. One said to WCBS 2 that he had to tell the others not to beat him up, "Me and a couple other guys, we kept looking for him, and he ran out. He ran past me and I grabbed him. (I said) ‘don’t hurt him, he’ll die, don’t kill him, hold him for the police.'”

Tripp and Lewis were taken to Lincoln Hospital, and Tripp's baby is expected to be all right. Tripp, who has been living in a homeless shelter, added, "I feel that he needs to die. He almost killed me."

Wilson, who was charged with attempted murder, assault, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon, is being held on $100,000 cash bail or a $200,000 bond. According to WABC 7, "His public defender said that Wilson does not have a mental illness and said that Wilson may have feared for his own safety."