Connecticut police searched the Farmington home of Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos—the 50-year-old writer and mother of five who went missing nearly two weeks ago—on Wednesday night, looking for clues that might lead them to a body.

Jennifer was last seen on May 24th, some time after dropping off her kids at New Canaan Country Day School around 8 a.m. She subsequently missed appointments in New York City at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., and while police recovered her car (a black Chevy Suburban) hours after declaring her missing, neither she nor her cellphone have surfaced in the past 13 days. Investigators did find blood spatter throughout her New Canaan home, and dark stains on her garage floor that looked as though someone had tried to clean up a bloody mess.

Footage from security cameras in Hartford showed Fotis and his girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, tossing bags in trash cans throughout the city; when investigators searched through the garbage, they found clothing and sponges with Jennifer's blood on them. Police arrested Fotis and Troconis on charges of hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence on Saturday; Troconis posted a $500,000 bond and has been released from detention, while Fotis remains in the Bridgeport Correctional Facility after failing to come up with the money.

The Duloses have been locked in a bitter divorce battle for years, accusing one another of emotional abuse and threatening behavior in a mountain of court filings that date back to 2017, the NY Times reports. Jennifer accused her estranged husband of feigning running her over with his SUV, allegedly driving the vehicle straight at her and only swerving out of the way seconds before he would have hit her. Fotis contended that Jennifer once told him she'd hire a mafioso to break his bones.

The pair separated after Jennifer found out about Fotis's affair with Troconis, Jennifer seeking custody of their children and renting a house in New Canaan while Fotis stayed in Farmington. Distance seemingly did little to ease their marital strain: According to the Times, Jennifer expressed anxiety in court filings over Fotis's alleged purchase of a handgun.

State and local police descended on Fotis's home with K9s on Wednesday night, and reportedly continued to comb the Materials Innovation and Recycling Authority in Hartford for evidence. With their mother missing and their father behind bars, the children are staying with their grandmother—Gloria Farber, Jennifer's mother—who has filed a temporary custody motion this week. (The judge in the case has yet to grant it.) Although he's still in custody, Fotis has been ordered not to contact his children or his wife's family.