Freelance writer and photographer Ellen Moynihan was on the scene at Tuesday's Occupy Wall Street tour of foreclosed homes in East New York, which culminated with one family reoccupying an abandoned house left empty by the Bank of America. That occupation is still ongoing, but on the same day as the demonstration, another East New York man told protesters that a marshal was coming to evict him, and asked for their help. Here's Moynihan's account of that incident, which played out very differently from the other foreclosure occupation a few blocks away:

Along with Jocelyn Voltaire, there was another participant in Tuesday’s Occupy Wall Street foreclosure tour who spoke out about their dire housing situation. Quincy Drayton addressed the crowd through the People’s Mic to explain that his home, which he had purchased in 2007, had been lost because another man, Caesar Montrose, had “tricked him” into signing over the deed to the property after Drayton had trouble making mortgage payments. Montrose had allegedly assured Drayton that he would take over all responsibility and that his name would no longer appear on the mortgage, but that never happened; currently Drayton’s name is on the mortgage, Montrose’s is on the deed, and Montrose apparently never made more than one payment to the bank.

While most of the day’s action was focused on the re-occupation and block party on Vermont Street, an impromptu group of about 60-70 supporters convened to go to Drayton’s home at 176 Malta Street and wait for the Marshals to arrive to evict Drayton, who had moved back in six months ago.

Upon arrival, it was discovered that Montrose had come and changed the locks himself. The old lock, which Drayton had keys to, was found in the garbage can in front of the building and reinstalled in the door. As about ten people inside, including members of the National Lawyer’s Guild, strategized, a large group stood watch outside, although the Marshals never arrived. Over the two hours OWS was at the home, the police were called not once, but twice: first by neighbors, and then by Montrose himself, who showed up outraged, and brandishing a hammer.

About two dozen police showed up the second time, and one man who had been helping defend the home was injured when police bashed open the door—Officer Martinez said he had been responding to a call for a break-in. The injured man, whose head was bleeding from the impact of the door, was detained and charged with trespassing by Montrose. The same officer got into a physic altercation, pushing and striking another protester, as a dozen or so others were shoved not only off the private property but also further down the street. After a discussion between Drayton, Montrose, and police, it was decided that Montrose would be able to access the house as Drayton was advised to return to housing court.

Montrose and Drayton have not yet responded to requests for comment, but we'll update when we hear from them. And Moynihan tells us Quincy was at Councilmember Charles Barron's office today and was referred to a lawyer from Legal Aid. The Councilmember has not yet responded to requests for comment.