Irene has finally hit NYC (sorry we told you to take your tape down), and these photos show a flooded 4th Avenue in Park Slope. If you're in the area, we recommend finding shelter in the Rock Shop's second floor bar, just across the street from where this was taken. Meanwhile, let's go to the streets, where the scathing reviews of this latest weather event are filtering in:
- One man confirms: "this rain is definitely assassinating Brooklyn"
- Humblebrag much?: "Ankle deep in puddles in Brooklyn, running through pouring rain. On to the Hamptons now."
- Why God: "More than a little ticked that I drove all the way to Brooklyn in apocalyptic rain to find out that work essentially doesn't need me today."
- White dude problems: "back in brooklyn. torrential rain. couscous and eggplant."
- Don't forget to tip your delivery man: "Gotta order something... I'm not walking in this rain yo #Brooklyn"
- And here's your daily dose of fearmongering: "brooklyn just might wash away today."
There's a lot more rain where this is coming from, so if you see anything covered in water, send a photo our way.