A Manhattan family will have to part with their beloved paper shredder after their toddler got his fingers caught in it, very nearly costing him his digits. Christopher Colon's mother, Scarlet De La Cruz, says she was shredding some documents yesterday morning and left the room after turning off the shredder. Her son wandered in, turned it on and stuck his fingers inside. "He was all the way in to his knuckles," De La Cruz said. "I thought the blade was cutting his fingers." Police used pliers to get his hands free, and Colon was unharmed, which wouldn't have been the case if the actual Shredder were after him.
Paper Shredder Nearly Claims 4-Year-Old's Fingers
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: