Yesterday's early morning two-alarm fire that injured three senior citizens (plus firefighters) in a Gravesend, Brooklyn apartment building was caused by an overloaded outlet: The Daily News reports, "FDNY investigators said the blaze...quickly spread from the apartment to the roof, endangering everyone inside the Colby Court building." One 61-year-old resident said, "I was so scared, I was crying. I heard glass breaking and saw all the water, but then a nice fireman took me down." Additionally, WABC 7 says there were no working smoke alarms in the apartment either. The FDNY says, "To prevent overloading, never plug more than two appliances into an outlet at once or 'piggyback' extra appliances on extension cords or wall outlets."
Overloaded Electrical Socket Blamed In Gravesend Fire
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: