While our city's bridges may be fantastic for falcons, they're unfortunately not so great when it comes to us humans. A new list, provided by the General Contractors Association, points out the worst bridges and elevated roadways right here in New York City. Drum roll please!
- 1. Kosciusko Bridge
- 2. Gowanus Expressway
- 3. Bronx River Parkway over Amtrak
- 4. Cross Bronx Expressway Viaduct over Amtrak and the Sheridan Expressway
- 5. Bronx Terminal Viaduct Carrying the Major Deegan by Yankee Stadium
- 6. Major Deegan Expressway over Sedgewick Avenue & Metro-North Railroad
- 7. Bruckner Expressway Service Road Northbound
- 8. Bruckner Boulevard Viaduct
- 9. 150th Street Over Belt Parkway
- 10. Major Deegan Ramp to 153rd Street/Cromwell Avenue (Southbound)
the president of City College of NY, “You can only run vehicles over these bridges and freeways over a period of time before the wear and tear builds up.” Here's a look at the worst bridge collapses in the past 100 years, to aid with your nightmares tonight.