One person was injured after a toolbox literally exploded in a midtown hotel Thursday morning, a fire department spokesperson said.

The blast, which occurred at the Viceroy Hotel at 120 West 57th Street just before 7 a.m., was caused after a construction worker opted for a torch instead of a flashlight when attempting to illuminate the combination lock on the toolbox, presumably unaware that flammable gas was inside, CBS reports. The resulting blast was reportedly felt 27 stories high.

The only injury reported was an unidentified man who was knocked down following the explosion, though the FDNY spokesperson said the injuries were minor. Incredibly, the building did not suffer any damage, though a partial stop-work order has been issued on the basis that workers were "using compressed gases without proper tank storage."