Need to take the L to or from east of Lorimer Street this weekend? Well then, you are totally screwed. Once again the dreaded shuttle service will be back in effect, running from Lorimer to Broadway Junction, from 11:59 tonight through 5 a.m. on Monday.
In case you're out of town this weekend, no worries! There will also be a repeat performance of this the weekend of August 27th, and BushwickBK notes that "all other weekends between now and October, passengers traveling through Broadway Junction will have to switch trains in either direction 6 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday."
Good thing State Senator Daniel Squadron has requested a full review of the L line's performance, along with the F—in Williamsburg and the Lower East Side (respectively) "weekend ridership mirrors that on weekdays but train schedules do not."
Don't take the L train? Don't worry, you can choose your own adventure with one of these other lines this weekend!:
- C: Manhattan-bound trains run on the F line from Jay Street-Metrotech to West 4th Street in Manhattan.
- D: Stillwell Avenue-bound trains run on the N from 36th Street to Stillwell Avenue.
- F: All trains skip Smith-Ninth Street, just... all the time.
- G: No G trains between Hoyt-Schermerhorn and Church Avenue.
- N: No Stillwell Avenue-bound N trains from Jay Street-Metrotech.
- Q: Manhattan-bound Q trains skip Neck Road and Avenues H, M and U.
- R: No trains between 59th Street and 36th Street.
- 2,3,4: Manhattan-bound trains run express from Atlantic to Franklin Avenues.