A newborn baby girl fell several stories from a Bronx apartment building yesterday afternoon, with her umbilical cord still attached. It is unclear whether the infant fell from the building, or was thrown. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

According to the NYPD, police responded to a 911 call regarding an unconscious individual at 130 West 183rd Street in University Heights, just before 2:40 p.m. on Monday. Upon arrival, they discovered the infant unconscious and unresponsive behind the seven-story building. EMS pronounced the infant dead.

The NYTimes reports that the 911 call came from the wife of the building's super, who discovered the victim while cleaning behind the building.

Officials have yet to determine how far the infant fell—whether from an apartment or from the roof. However, according to CBS, the infant was "likely" born in an apartment on the building's seventh floor, and "likely" fell from that height.

It is also unclear if the victim was alive when she fell.

Neighbor Tiffany Martinez told CBS that she is a close friend of the infant's father, and that he and the infant's mother also have a three-year-old son.

"He's a good guy and every time I see him, he's with his son. He's a good man," she told the news outlet. "From what I've seen, they always look like a happy family."

According to the Post, officers have questioned the infant's 33-year-old mother, and a man who is "believed to be" her boyfriend.

No arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing. The victim has not been identified by the police.

UPDATE: The News has identified the mother of the infant as 33-year-old Jennifer Berry. According to the tabloid, Berry told investigators that she gave birth to the child in her shower, and threw the newborn from her seventh-floor apartment when she realized that the infant was not breathing.

Official cause of death is pending, and an autopsy is scheduled for today. An NYPD spokeswoman confirmed that no arrests have been made as of this morning.