We learned a little from the census results earlier today, and now the NY Post breaks it all down in to one depressing factoid: New Yorkers have the longest average commute in all the nation. Especially you guys in Staten Island and Queens. Here we go:
- Staten Island: average commute of 42.5 minutes.
- Queens: average commute of 42 minutes
- Brooklyn: average commute of 41.6 minutes
- The Bronx: average commute of 41.3
- Manhattan: average commute of 30.3 minutes
The shortest average commute in the nation was in King County, Texas—where it takes most locals just 3.4 minutes to get to work! Whatever, this just means that we read more.