Stephen Rogata, 19, was arrested and taken to Bellevue Hospital on August 10th, 2016, after witnesses, reporters and the NYPD watched him scale the exterior of Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue. Police managed to grab him and pull him in at the 21st floor. Rogata reportedly told cops at the time, "I just want to climb. I just want to talk to Trump." He also told cops he wanted to provide the then-GOP nominee with "secret information." He was held on $10K bond and $5K cash, and his attorneys initially tried to argue that he was mentally unsound.
Rogata's plea deal includes no jail time, though he must submit to the following conditions:
1. He must undergo mental treatment for one year at Turning Point Mental Health Center in Virginia.
2. He will have to provide a monthly letter outlining updates on his treatment.
3. He has to be enrolled in college full time, or will have to work at least 20 hours per week for one year.
4. He cannot go near Trump Tower or Donald Trump for one year.
5. He cannot be arrested for anything for the next year.
If Rogata keeps to those conditions, the court will drop his reckless endangerment charge after a year. If he violates any of them, he could face up to a year in prison.