As the holidays are a time for giving thanks, let’s look at each of the teams in the local area and think about what they have to be thankful for.
- The Jets have a new coach and a new quarterback to give thanks for. While the QB still needs to learn to slide, things are looking up for the Jets.
- The Rangers can be thankful for an incredible fanbase that continually supports them, no matter how mediocre a roster Glen Sather constructs.
- The Mets can be thankful that 2009 is finally coming to an end. No matter what happens in 2010, it can’t be worse than this year was. (Right?)
- The Knicks can be thankful that they have a GM who is not named Isiah calling the shots.
- The Devils should be thankful for #30. He continues to amaze and approach his 600th win.
- The Giants can be thankful that they still have a chance to make the playoffs after squandering a 5-0 start.
- The Nets can be thankful that nobody is paying attention to them this year.
- The Islanders can be thankful that they are finally improving and that they should be a playoff team soon. Hopefully, they won’t be playing those games in Kansas City.
- And finally, the Yankees should be thankful for #27, which satisfied the Steinbrenner’s for all of ten seconds.