- Rangers 4 Devils 1: Don’t let the score fool you, this was a close game for about 57 minutes. New York got on the board first thanks to Brendan Shanahan, but New Jersey answered with a power play goal from Paul Martin. The game remained tied until the 7:23 mark of the third period when the Devils made a bad turnover off the power play and Brandon Dubinsky hammered home a rebound off a shot for Scott Gomez. It was one of three assists for Gomez who had a great game in his playoff debut for New York.
- Mets 8 Phillies 2: Kyle Kendrick had a night to forget and the Phillies defense took the night off as the Mets cruised to an easy win. Kendrick walked six, part of nine Philadelphia walks overall and the Phillies added four errors. And that is all the Mets needed as they only managed five hits, but got solid pitching from Mike Pelfry and others.
- Royals 4 Yankees 0: You can understand Joe Girardi wanting to keep his starter available in case the game was rained out, but he pushed it too far Wednesday. Scheduled starter, Ian Kennedy didn’t enter the game until the 6th and the Yankees’ bats were silent again in the loss.
- Knicks 109 Charlotte 107: Could it be the "Donnie Walsh affect" that is making the Knicks win? Probably not yet, but the Knicks do seem more interested recently. Too bad all the victories are doing now is costing them a better draft position.
- Cleveland 104 Nets 83: They aren't quite dead in the playoff race, but almost as this loss puts them one more loss or an Atlanta win away from the draft lottery.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all