- New Jersey 4 Pittsburgh 1: The Devils did what only one other team has accomplished this year- they beat the Penguins. Mark Frasier got things going with a goal in the first and Martin Brodeur stopped 32-of-33 shots to make Pittsburgh 9-and-2.
- Montreal 5 Rangers 4 (OT): New York blew 3-1 and 4-2 leads as the Canadiens stormed back and earned the win in extra time. Scott Gomez had two assists in his first game as a Canadien against the Rangers and New York now has a three-game losing streak.
- Washington 3 Islanders 2 (OT): Maybe it’s a New York thing? The Islanders also blew a two-goal lead as the Capitals scored twice in the third period and then again in OT to earn the two points.
- Red Bulls 5 Toronto 0: It doesn’t matter at this point, but the Bulls had their best game of the year. Juan Pablo Angel had two goals as did Macoumba Kandji in the rout.
- Yankees Rained Out: Game 6 was postponed by rain and will be made up Sunday at 8:20pm. Andy Pettitte will try and pitch New York into their 40th World Series.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today