- Rangers 5 Ottawa 2: Hockey has blue lines. The Rangers have blue shirts and blue seats and apparently Blue Man Group as fans. They performed before the game and maybe it inspired New York. The top line had a huge night with four goals and two assists while Michael Del Zotto made his case to stay in the NHL and not return to juniors with his first goal and a solid game.
- Mets 5 Houston 1: What’s worse than a meaningless game between two teams way out of it the last weekend of the season? A meaningless game between those teams with a huge rain delay. The game was delayed for over two hours, but at least the Mets won. Pat Miisch allowed only one run over five innings to earn the win.
- Tampa 5 Yankees 3: Andy Pettitte didn’t look very sharp in his final tune up for the playoffs, but Chad Gaudin pitched a solid 1-1/3 in relief. Gaudin has shown a lot the last few weeks and he just might sneak onto the playoff roster.
- Pittsburgh 4 Islanders 3 (Shootout) The John Tavares era started with his first goal, but Sidney Crosby scored in regulation and in the shootout to lead the Penguins to the win.
- Philadelphia 5 New Jersey 2: The Flyers blitzed Martin Brodeur and the crowd at the Rock let him know it. Brodeur only made 22 saves in the 1,000 game of his career.
Last Night's Action: A Saturday For Blue
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: