If watching Miracle of Life in high school biology didn't make you fear childbirth already, a woman caught fire during a C-section upstate two years ago, and this week a jury ruled that her doctor was not responsible for the incident.

Kira Reed, 43, a business professor at Syracuse University, was undergoing a cesarean-section at Syracuse's Crouse Hospital in March 2012 to deliver her daughter, Rayna. As obstetrician Dr. Stephen Brown made the first incision, Reed smelled something burning and saw smoke; DuraPrep, an alcohol-based antiseptic used on her skin during prep had ignited after being touched with a surgical tool, lighting her skin on fire.

Brown managed to pat the flame down and completed the delivery successfully, but Reed was left with a 7-inch-long, 5-inch-wide burn on her abdomen. She sued both the hospital and Brown for failing to follow recommended procedures for preventing surgical fires and reached an undisclosed settlement with the former a few months ago.

But a jury in Onondaga County's state Supreme Court says Brown was not responsible for the surgical prep. While Brown took full responsibility for the injuries, his lawyer says he had not been negligent, though either way, the incident has left us with a whole new host of horrible natal nightmares.