Daily Show host Jon Stewart appeared on Larry King Live last night to clear up some misconceptions about his big Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. After first congratulating his host on leaving CNN "like the last guy out of a burning building," Stewart declared that his event in Washington on October 30th "is in fact not a political rally." So what is it?

Well, there will be musical guests and other comedians, and Stewart described the event as "a visceral expression of a people fed up with the reflection that they are shown of themselves as a divided people." He added that the rally is for the 85% who "get along; they may not agree on things but they can do things. And the other 15 percent control it. The dialogue, the legislation. This is for the people that are too busy, that have jobs and lives, and are tired of their reflection in the media as being a divided country and a country that’s ideological and conflicted and fighting."

King brought up the recent decision by NPR to prohibit staffers from attending the event, and asked Stewart if he was "emotionally hurt" by that. "Am I hurt by that?" Stewart asked incredulously. "There's very little NPR can do to hurt a fella. Other than perhaps come and reclaim my tote bag. From now on I am carrying everything in my arms. I will no longer use their tote bags. And I find it interesting that you would forbid people to go to something that even we don't know what it is."