Did you purchase an iPhone 4 during Tenebrous Friday or CyberSad Monday? Are you prepared to endure a metaphor for a paroxysm of global debt? A man's iPhone 4 (not the schmancier 4s) began "emitting a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow" on an Australian flight last Friday. According to ABC, everyone was fine, and the "red glow was extinguished successfully." It was only a matter of time before Siri got sick of answering our questions and took the easy way out.

Overheating or exploding iPhones aren't exactly new: in 2009 there was a spate of explosions that Apple blamed on "external pressure" at the time, along with overheating of the lithium ion batteries. Apple's spokesperson in Australia noted that the company is "working with the officials investigating this incident."

So maybe it's time you bought that nice metal case for your smartphone, it may help keep the iShrapnel out of your skin.