James Moss, the 53-year-old, 6'2", 270 pound Staten Island father who burned his 9-year-old son's hands and stuffed him in the oven last year pleaded guilty to the awful crime back in May. The Staten Island DA's office announced the plea and the fact that he will be sentenced on Friday today. Moss faces up to seven years in prison for the attack, but he could get less since his son, Christopher, is expected to urge the judge to be lenient.

"In over 15 years as a district attorney and an assistant district attorney, this was one of the most shocking and sadistic cases of child abuse I have ever prosecuted," Staten Island District Attorney Daniel Donovan said.

In May, 2010, Moss reportedly flew into a rage when he thought that his son had stolen $20 out of his wallet. He then reportedly tore the boy's clothes off, beat him across the back with a spatula, heated up two burners and put the boy's hand across them "until his skin began to peel," punched the boy and then forced him into the oven. According to reports when the boy wouldn't stop crying Moses then pulled him out and threw the naked child out the front door where he waited until his mother came home and took him to the hospital.

According to the Daily News a pre-sentencing report says that Christopher Moss is likely to ask the judge to be kind. Which isn't to say he will ever forget the incident. "Christopher, being a young child, is probably forgiving of his father and missing his family unit," the report says. "However, it is clear that the events of that night and the defendant's actions towards Christopher will stay with Christopher for the rest of his life."