The week's devastating heat can be more than just a nuisance—it also has the capacity to scorch the skin straight from the feet of your innocent toddler. NYC Park Advocates would like to remind you that walking on or touching surfaces in extreme heat can have deleterious effects on skin. To that end, the group offers the following advice:
1. Avoid playgrounds with black safety surfacing, unless they have complete shade coverage.
2. Avoid metal surfaces like slides.
3. Avoid artificial turf fields in the sun.
4. Drink lots of liquids.
5. Use spray showers, pools and water features.
6. Seek shade.
7. Participate in non-strenuous activities.
Per the photo above, we'd also like to say: If you see your toddler walking outside, pluck him or her from the burning ground before they turn into baby-que.