- Saturday is Taste of Chinatown, where plates at tea houses, restaurants and bakeries are $1. And while you're there, it could be a good time to check out Museum of China in the Americas, which has that cool exhibit of Chinese menus.
- It's Falcon Day in Central Park on Saturday! The Parks Department says, "Falcons, hawks, eagles and raptors of all sizes will fly above Central Parks East Meadow for this years annual Falconry Extravaganza." East Meadow, enter at East 97th Street, between 12PM and 4PM.
- Saturday and Sunday, there's the Annual Chile Pepper Fiesta at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. There are chiles to be tasted, performances (like from Benihana meets a theater of New Yorkers show, Cookin' and music bands), AND temporary tattoos.
- And in Battery Park, also on Saturday and Sunday, there's CultureFest 2004. Not only are different arts and cultural institutions displaying works and performing, there are gorgeous views to be had of Ellis Island from there.
- Finally, on Sunday, it's the Lower East Side's Pickle Day 2004. Gothamist doesn't need to say more than that. Starts at 11AM.
For more events, check out Gothamist Arts & Events.