Ugh: Someone threw a firecracker out the window of a building in Washington Heights—and it exploded near a baby in a stroller! MyFoxNY reports, "Witnesses said the stroller appeared to be briefly on fire," but luckily the baby was not hurt (she was taken to Columbia University Medical Center for observation, though). Apparently the firecracker was tossed out of a window at 260 Audubon Avenue around 6 p.m.: "The firecracker, possibly an M-80, charred the baby's pink ribbon... A resident of the building told Fox 5 that people throwing objects, including fireworks and bottles, from windows and rooftops in the neighborhood is an ongoing problem."
Firecracker Explodes Near Baby Stroller
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: