- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Syracuse teen will be locked up for the next two to six years for a robbery that netted him 7 cents.
- After a big to-do, Zabar’s has renamed the lobster salad that contains no lobster "zabster zalad."
- Columbia was ranked the 5th most rigorous college in a poll nobody cares about.
- Instead of accusing Governor Cuomo of trying to "dominate his manhood," former State Senator Pedro Espada is trying a new approach to get out of corruption charges: blame the accountants.
- The "dust zone" covered by September 11th Victim Compensation Fund has been extended from Reade Street to Canal Street.
- Prosecutors say the identity of a man recorded on a webcam in an intimate encounter with a New Jersey university student who committed should remain a secret, but lawyers for Dharun Ravi, the student's former roommate, say the man could have information that could help their client's case.
- When he's not playing pranks on George Clooney, Brad Pitt is saving extras' lives on the set of the zombie flick World War Z.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all