- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Happy Birthday Bill Clinton! Hopefully you're having some fun today.
- A fire truck was stolen while Atlantic City firefighters worked to free people trapped in an elevator.
- Uh: a teacher from Dahl's College of Beauty in Montana allegedly made students trim her public hair.
- Former Yankee Melky Cabrera had a really, really stupid plan to get out of his 50-game drug suspension.
- Police are looking for a Queens man who ran over three cops.
- A Bronx man was stabbed to death in a McDonalds parking lot.
- A 9-year-old Upper East Side chef headed to White House.
- Madonna is being sued in Russia for supporting the gays.
- “First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” said Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
- Gigi Jordan, who is accused of killing her 8-year-old son, said it was a "mercy killing" meant to save the boy from his father's sex abuse.
- And finally, these baby boar piglets are having a hell of a time now:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today