- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A woman who was drinking wine from a Pringles can while driving an electric shopping cart around the parking lot has been banned from Walmart, even though she should be given a medal.
- Trump loves memes so much, he might be a Millennial: "This incentive structure, in which an easily distracted person says a bunch of stuff he kind of means to an assembled audience, slowly learning what generates a reaction and what doesn’t, is familiar: It’s like posting online."
- An Instagram influencer grifter cancelled a tour after she was called out for charging over $160 for an unorganized "seminar."
- Comedians are begging Artie Lange to get help for his drug addiction.
- William P. Barr, Trump’s nominee for attorney general, promised that he would allow Robert Mueller to continue his investigation into Trump unimpeded.
- Commuters desperately want the LIRR to clean up their trains.
- Aphex Twin will perform in NYC for the first time in decades.
- People inching through rush hour traffic in the Holland Tunnel might not know it, but a super-secure quantum cable likely to be the future of communication is being tested right outside their car windows.
- Jon Bernthal and Vera Farmiga have joined the cast of David Chase's Sopranos prequel, The Many Saints of Newark.
- Here is a frightening compilation of officials thanking Trump for his "leadership."
- James McAvoy will host SNL on Jan. 26th with musical guest Meek Mill.
- A Silicon Valley couple have rented a 425-square-foot studio for $1,500/month for their two cats: "They don't drink," landlord David Callisch said. "They don't smoke. They don't play loud music."
- The New York Jets' new coach's eyes have become an instant meme.
- And finally, he means well, I swear it:
“ahhh... yiessss... oh. whaat?! careful, dudeee... chill, man! oh, it’s you. stop! STOP! do it again and I swear...” pic.twitter.com/IQejKgToFB
— Fluff Society (@FluffSociety) January 14, 2019