- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A sinkhole swallowed an SUV in the East Village last night.
- An anonymous official tells the NY Times that intelligence concerning a Russian plot to pay the Taliban to kill American troops in Afghanistan was "briefed to the highest levels of the White House."
- Starbucks has paused paid ads on all social media, the latest company to do so in response to the unchecked proliferation of hate speech on Facebook.
- The Intercept argues that the NYPD "weaponized" the recent curfew to attack protesters.
- Watch a Trader Joe's shopper in North Hollywood have a complete meltdown over the company's requirement that customers wear face masks in an attempt to slow the spread of coronavirus.
- The Rolling Stones are threatening to sue President Donald Trump if his campaign rallies keep playing their music, specifically "You Can't Always Get What You Want."
- Chase Bank says a "technical issue" caused money to temporarily disappear from some customers' accounts.
- The worldwide total of COVID-19 cases is now more than 10 million, according to a NY Times tally.
- Shabazz Stuart makes the case for legalizing public drinking for all New Yorkers, pointing to the NYPD's selective enforcement of open container laws "as a simple pretext for the harassment of communities of color."
- And finally, here's a cool dog in a loose mood wearing bird on his head:
Extra, Extra: Witness An Anti-Mask Meltdown At Trader Joe's
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: