- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Prosecutors say that Paul Manafort shared Trump campaign polling data with an associate tied to Russian intelligence during the 2016 campaign.
- Why did a prowler spend three hours licking the doorbell at a California home?
- Bird Box: very popular!
- The wife of Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes has been threatening neighbors who display "Hate Has No Home Here" signs with lawsuits and accusations.
- Prince Street Pizza claims that a former cook stole the famed spicy square recipe for a new UWS parlor.
- Wireless carriers including AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint are all selling the location data of customers...which is also ending up in the hands of bounty hunters.
- St. Vincent is apparently producing the next Sleater-Kinney record!
- Venom 2 will be rolling into a movie theater near you like a turd in the wind.
- The NY Times Magazine examines the scourge of the relatable in art and politics.
- Whom is disappearing.
- The Game Of Thrones prequel has cast eight up-and-coming actors including Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim, Toby Regbo and more.
- Teens have started a spam campaign against child porn on Instagram.
- Stormy Daniels is going to offer some counter-programming to Trump's speech tonight.
- In this piece on the ongoing criminalization of poverty, here's why judges are locking up defendants who can’t pay for months at a time.
- Look at this 210-foot fatberg in England!
- Wende Curtis, owner of the famed Comedy Works club in Denver, talked to Jezebel about turning down Louis C.K. as a performer.
- And finally, is anyone home?
anyone home? pic.twitter.com/XIaZSVbxUa
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) January 8, 2019