- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Martin Scorsese will release a new documentary about Bob Dylan this year titled, Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese.
- News that should send a chill down your spine: scientists say the world’s oceans are warming far more quickly than previously thought.
- Michael Cohen has agreed to testify before the House Oversight Committee next month and give “a full and credible account” of his work for Trump.
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo star in Nightcrawler writer/director Dan Gilroy's new Netflix film Velvet Buzzsaw, which revolves around contemporary art world murders.
- Avengers assemble...to host the Oscars?
- If you find yourself stuck in traffic, it might be because of online shopping.
- Frontman Bradford Cox reluctantly ranks Deerhunter records.
- Al Pacino has signed up to star in Amazon’s The Hunt, a vengeance-driven Nazi hunting series executive produced by Jordan Peele.
- Do you ever feel homicidally horny? These people on Twitter sure are.
- The MTA has quietly banned sex toy ads.
- The Trump shutdown is now hurting fans of craft beers.
- California’s Monarch Butterfly population has reached historic lows in 2018, with an estimated 86 percent decline from the previous year.
- And finally, this is mine, I own this now:
I love my baby hooman. 👶🍼💙 pic.twitter.com/E5EA6HROM1
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) January 10, 2019