- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Dustin Diamond, who played Screech on Saved By The Bell, died of cancer at age 44.
- Remote work means problems for big cities.
- "Top House Democrats are moving to force Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene off multiple committees this week," reports Politico. Meghan McCain has also "urged Republican leadership in the House to pull committee assignments from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene... saying she has become 'embarrassing' for the party."
- Black families have been reluctant to send their children back to schools because they don't believe someone will keep them safe, reports the NY Times.
- Black Panther director Ryan Coogler is preparing a Wakanda series for Disney+.
- Because of her (amazing) performance in Married to the Mob, Martin Scorsese thought Michelle Pfeiffer was a brunette from New Jersey.
- Mildly mindblowing? "The Wonder Years premiered 33 years ago (1988) depicting events 20 years earlier (1968). A similar show today would be set in 2001."
- Could a dog do this?:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all