- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Check out the first pics of the long-awaited Deadwood movie, which I still can't believe is a real thing that is really happening (in a good way).
- Stop what you're doing and read the story of Dyngo, a dog brought home after serving three tours in Afghanistan.
- SNL writers talk to Vulture about last weekend's Weezer sketch.
- Google must have paid Macaulay Culkin a LOT of money to recreate Home Alone for an ad.
- What if instead of Facebook, everyone just went back to blogging?
- The Times explains how to delete Facebook.
- Rebecca Traister wrote about how Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is freaking out some dudes: "Ocasio-Cortez’s eagerness to flex her muscles, without demurring or waiting for her turn — without even waiting to be sworn in — is undergirding nightmarish fears about her as an agent of chaos and destruction."
- Barack Obama donned a santa hat and made a surprise visit to a children's hospital in DC to give presents out.
- The New Yorker documents the year in "good men."
- Eliza Dushku wrote an op-ed for the Boston Globe about getting sexually harassed and fired from CBS.
- Huh, well, trailer for the that new Hellboy remake certainly is a thing.
- Something to look forward to: California residents are starting to complain about the "dead skunk" smell emanating from marijuana farms.
- And finally, what a beautiful voice:
the actual king of r&b pic.twitter.com/MoW62slJvE
— ㅤً (@sryisuck) December 15, 2018